Well hello there, it’s been awhile since I’ve published a Friday Favorites post. With all that’s going on in our lives a fun, carefree post is what we need!
Good News Movement
There is so much negativity circulating right now that it’s time for some GOOD NEWS! My Friday Favorites start here with the Good News Movement on Instagram. They are journalists dedicated to bringing smiles to society during the pandemic instead of fear and panic.
Blooming with Cheer
Are you looking for a way to bring a smile to someone in your neighborhood or town? Decorate your windows and sidewalks with flowers! My friend Christina and I are working together to encourage our followers to do the same!
A Peek at our Homeschool Adventures
As a former elementary school teacher the whole “educating my own kids” thing is going pretty well! The only issue we have run into is Ailey getting bored while Annabelle works – and Annabelle getting mad at how I teach subtraction.
Overall, I think the girls are enjoying all of the time we are spending together. In the past when there was no school, the girls ran wild while I worked/cleaned/cooked. Now that we are home indefinitely, I do as much as I can to be involved in their activities. It feels really good to be present.
Don’t get me wrong – we still have unpleasant moments while being present!
Favorite Things to Do During the Social Distancing
- Host #hunkereddownhappyhour with friends on Instagram
- Watch my daughters do CosmicKids Yoga and GoNoodle
- Artist Mo Willem’s “Lunch Doodles” daily at 1 p.m. on Youtube.
- Artist Jarrett J. Krosoczka’s “Draw Every Day with JJK” daily at 2 p.m. on YouTube.
- Science-sparks.com has a ton of free science experiments.
- 50 Things You Need to Stay Home and Have Fun