Christmas shopping for kids can be difficult if they already have a lot of toys. I try to find timeless activities to encourage imaginative play and creativity. This Holiday Gift Guide for Kids Ages 2-5 is inspired by my daughter’s favorite toys, but can be enjoyed by both boys and girls.
- The Examine and Treat Pet Vet Play Set is one of the most popular toys in our playroom. All of the stuffed animals visit the Vet and then take a trip to the Groomer or the Training Puppy School.
- All kids love pretend food, especially a sugar free Slice and Bake Wooden Cookie Set. We also enjoy playing with the Pizza Party Set and Scoop and Serve Ice Cream Counter.
- The BEST game we own is Disney’s Eye Found It – a hidden picture game that’s fun for the whole family. We play every night!
- My daughters enjoy drawing and coloring sets, especially when we can take them on trips in the car. This Reusable Drawing and Magnet Kit has 54 magnets, 5 dry-erase markers, and a 13 page dry erase activity book. You can choose between 5 themes: princess, farm, dinosaur, ocean, and trucks.
- Want to encourage imaginative role playing? The Calico Critters Red Roof Country Home Set comes with figurines and furniture, as well as a little house where they can live. My daughters have played with Calico Critters animals and accessories since the age of 2 and still play with them today.
- The K’Nex Budding Builders Set allows your child to show his/her creativity while building and designing whatever they want.
Shop More from this Gift Guide for Kids Ages 2-5
Caitlin Houston is a Connecticut based life and style blogger.