Are you spending New Year’s Eve at home with your kids? We are. And we don’t mind! If you’re celebrating New Year’s Eve with kids, why not make one of these crafts? They are easy, fun, and most can be done with items from around the house (or the dollar store!).
Ingredients: 6oz Elmer’s Glitter Glue, 1-2 tablespoons Baking Soda, 4 tablespoons Contact Solution
- Find a bowl to mix your slime in.
- Pour the entire contents of a 6 oz Elmer’s Glitter Glue into the bowl.
- Add 1 TBSP baking soda to the glue and stir.
- Add 2 TBSP contact solution to the glue mixture. Mix with a spoon until slime begins to form and gets firm.
- If the slime is very sticky, add 1 tablespoon baking soda and 1-2 tablespoons of contact solution. I had to add the full 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 4 tablespoons of contact solution!
- Once slime becomes to difficult to stir with a spoon, take slime out of the bowl and use your hands to finish combining the ingredients.
Toilet Paper Fireworks
- Toilet paper rolls
- Acrylic paint
- Black construction paper
- Paper plate
- Use the scissors to cut one end of the toilet paper roll into thin fringes.
- Flatten the fringe against a flat surface.
- Pour paint (in colors of your choice) onto the paper plate.
- Press the toilet paper roll into the paint.
- Stamp the paint onto the black construction paper.
- Allow the paint to dry thoroughly.
New Year’s Resolution Hand and Heart
Materials: Scissors, Construction Paper, Marker
Directions (See detailed directions HERE):
- Fold a piece of construction paper in half.
- Trace your child’s hand close to the fold, making sure that the thumb and pointer finger slightly lap over the edge. (See Pictures)
- Trace to the wrist on both sides. Enclose the hand by drawing a curved line.
- Cut out your child’s hand, but do NOT cut on the folded part of the paper.
- Glue the opened hands onto a piece of paper or your firework art. Write your child’s resolutions on their fingers on the paper.
Materials: Paper plate, Beads or Coins, Stapler, Materials for decoration
- Fold a paper plate in half. Staple the plate closed almost entirely along the edge, but leave a few inches open.
- Pour beads or coins into the opening.
- Staple the plate closed.
- Decorate the plate with pom poms, stars, yarn, markers, etc.
- Shake into the new year!
I hope you enjoy making these crafts with your little ones this New Year’s Eve!