Strawberry Trifle is one of my favorite desserts. I could eat it every day, especially during the dog days of summer. My Strawberry Trifle Recipe contains store bought angel food cake, a dash of blueberries, and homemade whipped cream. If homemade whipped cream is too difficult, frozen whipped cream works well too! This recipe is easy to make and delicious, perfect for your summer bbq or a Sunday night dessert.
2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 lbs fresh sliced strawberries
1 lb fresh blueberries
1 prepared angel food cake (torn to pieces)
Fresh mint (for garnish)
- Place a metal mixing bowl into your freezer or refrigerator for at least 15-20 minutes before you make the whipped cream.
- Rinse fruit thoroughly. Slice strawberries. Combine fruit in a bowl, reserve 1/4 for topping.
- To make the whipped cream, pour the whipping cream into the chilled bowl and add 1/2 cup sugar. Use a whisk beater to beat the cream on medium speed until stiff peaks form. This should take 7-8 minutes. Do not over-beat or the cream will turn to butter.
- To assemble the trifle, put one layer of torn pieces of angel food cake in the bottom of a large trifle bowl.
- Spoon about 1/3 of the strawberry and blueberry mixture over the angel food cake and follow up with about 1/3 of the whipped cream. Make sure the whipped cream completely covers the fruit layer.
- Repeat two more times and finish up with a layer of whipped cream.
- Smooth out the topping, decorate with leftover fresh fruit and fresh mint.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Caitlin Houston is a Connecticut based life and style blogger.