While visiting B’s family in Ohio last weekend, I consumed quite a bit of his cousin Kelly’s take on Cowboy Caviar. Since I altered the way I ate the dip from fork to chip, I’m calling this a Summer Bean Salad. It’s SO easy to make, but must be prepared 24 hours ahead of time.
Summer Bean Salad
- 3/4 c apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp water
- 1/2 c veg oil
- 1 c sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 15 oz can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can black eyed peas drained and rinsed
- 2 11 oz cans white shoepeg corn
- 2 4 oz can diced green chilis
- 1 2 oz jar chopped pimentos
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cool.
- Combine canned ingredients in a large bowl. Pour the marinade over the mixture and stir.
- Chill for 24 hours and serve with chips (or your favorite dipping tool).