Happy summer! I’m excited to share my Summer Reading List, inspired by this old blog post. In summers past, I made frequent trips to the library and spent a lot of my free time with my nose in a book. One of my goals this summer is to read more!
As a member of Book of the Month Club and sister of avid readers, I can always find a new book to read. My favorite book genres are YA (young adult), contemporary fiction, and thrillers. Here are the books I’ve read recently, as well as the books I hope to read this summer. I’ll be updating my list as I find more books to add!
Summer Reading List for 2020
- “We Were Liars” – a follower recommended this YA book and I can’t wait to read it! Sounds like a lot of summertime scandal by four wealthy teen friends.
- “One to Watch” – a devastatingly stylish plus-size fashion blogger is invited to be the star of t.v.’s best reality dating show. I was able to snag this book before it comes out in July through BOTM!
- “Big Summer” – the beach read of the summer! Ordered on BOTM!
- “In a Dark Dark Wood” – my cousin said this is a mysterious thriller about a bachelorette party I am sure to love.
- “Untamed” – I’ve already started this bestselling memoir about anxiety, stress, and what it means to be a woman today.
- “To Love and Let Go” – my sister said this memoir of love, loss, and gratitude is a beautiful easy and uplifting read.
- “Finding Mrs. Ford” – a twisty, mesmerizing journey between the rarefied world of Watch Hill, Rhode Island and the warring of gangsters of 1970s suburban Detroit, as a grieving widow is forced to confront the consequences of a fateful summer thirty-five years earlier.
- “The Last Time I Lied” – a woman returns to her childhood summer camp to uncover the real truth to a tragedy.
- “Beach Read” – A romance writer who no longer believes in love and a literary writer stuck in a rut engage in a summer-long challenge that may just upend everything they believe about happily ever afters.
Books I’ve Already Read (and Recommend)
- “Happy and You Know It” – a sneak peek into the lives of wealthy NYC moms, whose delicious scandals actually make them more relatable. (Read this quickly and LOVED IT!)
- “The Testaments” – In a sequel to “The Handmaid’s Tale” you discover what life was like from other character’s points of view and what actually happened to Gilead.
- “The Couple Next Door” – Thriller about marriage, betrayal, and an apparently friendly set of neighbors.
- “The Grace Year” – a YA thriller very similar to the idea of “The Handmaid’s Tale” about young girls sent away to lose their magic before they are married off at a young age.
- “Good Girls Lie” – a YA psychological thriller based on friendship and lies set at a prep school.
- “The Last House Guest” – a thrilling novel set in Maine about lies, friendship, and a mystery death by the bestselling author, Megan Miranda. Also read All the Missing Girls and The Perfect Stranger – SO GOOD.
- “The Retreat” – a psychological thriller in which scary things happen to ordinary people, like a missing child and a house full of secrets.
We are excited to kick off summer! I’ve teamed up with an amazing group of bloggers to give YOU a chance to win: a $750 Amazon Gift Card just in time to treat yourself!
Simply enter below by completing the rafflecopter. You’ll receive one entry per completion. This giveaway is open to the U.S. and Canada only and runs until 7/6. Winner will be announced here. Good Luck!
Void where prohibited. By entering the giveaway you acknowledge that you are agreeing to complete each task, which involves following, liking and subscribing to newsletter’s.a Rafflecopter giveaway