This is how you start a “You’ve Been Wined” group of Wine Fairies in your neighborhood or town, as well as an alcohol themed activity for the fall.
Want to know an easy way to bring a smile to someone’s face? Drop a basket of their favorite things on their front porch! My town started a Wine Fairy group on Facebook where you can submit your wish list to be “wined” by a neighbor. The group has been growing rapidly and people are leaving surprises for their neighbors every day.
This is what is at the top of the Announcement page:
Here are the rules for the group:
How to Create a “You’ve Been Wined” Basket
- Snacks or Candy
- Alcohol (Find out his/her favorite!)
- Non-Alcoholic Drinks (seltzer, soda)
- Drink ware ( Tumbler, Beer Can Tumbler)
- Reusable Stopper
- Home Decor – kitchen towels, holiday specific items, candles
- Spa Items – face masks, nail polish, bath bombs
- Deck of Cards or other party Game
Tip: Always include a note! You can print the Wine Fairy note below, or create your own!
“You’ve Been Wined” Poem
A Halloween Themed Booz-y Activity
Every year the fun “You’ve Been Boo-ed” game makes its way through my neighborhood. Usually a family creates a fun Halloween themed basket and leaves it on the porch of an unsuspecting neighbor with instructions that they must now “Boo” someone to keep the game going.
When I was living in Georgia I decided to focus on surprising the adults with a Hallo-wine basket. Instead of your typical BOO basket, make a Boo-zy Basket! From coasters to drinking glasses to festive decorations, the possibilities are endless for a Halloween themed basket.
Include a fun Recipe and Ingredients in your Gift Basket
I’m a huge fan of cheeseballs and what goes better with wine than cheese? A Bloody Mary cheese ball topped with a green pepper resembles a delicious pumpkin. In my neighbor’s basket, she found all the goodies to make her own cheeseball, spooky shaped tortilla chips, and skull goblets.
Here is the recipe for an easy Bloody Mary Cheeseball for a Halloween themed gift basket from the Wine Fairies.
Bloody Mary Cheeseball
- 1 Packet of Bloody Mary Cheeseball Mix OR Use Ingredients Below
- 1/4 c spicy V8 vegetable juice
- 1/4 c finely minced onion
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 1/4 c tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 packages cream cheese room temperature
- Plastic wrap
- Stem from green pepper
- Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, and Bloody Mary mix in a bowl. Mix with a spatula until ingredients are combined.
- Dump ingredients on a large piece of plastic wrap. Roll the cheese into a ball with the wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Unwrap cheeseball and place in a bowl or on a plate. Top cheeseball with the stem from a green pepper.
- Enjoy with tortilla chips!
You don’t need a holiday to surprise your neighborhood with a fun wine gifting activity! Create a basket of drinks and treats for your neighbor and drop it on their doorstep. Don’t forget instructions on how to pay it forward. Before you know it, the whole neighborhood will be sipping wine together!
Want more posts like this?
Check out Three Ways to Personalize a Wine Bottle!